Published on October 21, 2020
Dry Fish Curry
Dry Fish Curry is also popularly called as Endu Chepala Pulusu, a tangy and delicious recipe.
Can be prepared easily and in a simple way.
- 1. Dried Fish –
- Onions – 2 Cups
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Chilli Powder – 2 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds Powder – 1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Cumin-Fenugreek Seeds Powder – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt – 2 Teaspoons
- Tamarind – 20 Grams (soaked in water for the pulp)
Method of Preparation:
- Firstly will dry roast the dry fish and place them all on a plate for a while.
- Remove their heads clean and wash them thoroughly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, let them splutter.
- Then, will add chopped onions and mix.
- Add salt for the onions to fry faster.
- Close lid and cook till onions become transparent.
- Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and mix.
- Fry for a minute and add 2 teaspoon chili powder, salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds powder, 1/4 teaspoon cumin-fenugreek seeds powder.
- Mix them well and add soaked tamarind juice.
- Add fried dried fish and let it cook till gravy thickens and oil seeps out of it.
- Sprinkle curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or roti.