Healthy Rasam For Cold & Digestion- Ajwain Rasam
Ajwain Rasam is healthy and good for toddlers to adults, relieves from Cold Cough, and helps in Digestion. Can drink it or have it with Rice as well.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Ajwain: 1 Teaspoon (Carom Seeds)
- Onion: 1 Sliced
- Green Chilies: 2 Slit
- Coriander Leaves: a few strands finely chopped
- Curry Leaves: 3 Shoots
- Tamarind: 15 to 20 Grams 9 soak and extract pulp)
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon or as needed
- Water: 1/2 Litre
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Jaggery: 1/2 Teaspoon (Grated)
- Oil: 1 or 2 Teaspoons
- Mustard Seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Red Chilies: 2 No’s
Method of Preparation:
- In a pan add 1/2 a Litre of water, and add Tamarind extract.
- Add 1 Teaspoon of Salt or as needed, add 1/2 a teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Add 1 sliced Onion and Green Chilies Slit and let it boil for 8 to 10 Minutes.
- Add 1 Teaspoon Ajwain and boil it for 1 or 2 Minutes.
- Put off the flame.
- In a pan/skillet add 1 to 2 Teaspoons of Oil and heat it.
- Add 1/2 a teaspoon of Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds each, let them splutter.
- Add 2 Red Chilies and a shoot of Curry Leaves fry them all.
- Then, add this temper to the Rasam.
- Tasty and Healthy Rasam is Ready.