Potato and Egg Pakora
Potato and Egg Pakora or Bajji a simple and tasty recipe. Makes an ideal snack and a good addition to a party menu as a starter. Served with a squeeze of lemon and chopped onions.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Eggs: 4 Boiled
- Bengal Gram Flour: 1 Cup
- Rice Flour: 2 Tablespoons
- Red Chili Powder: 1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt: 1 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Caraway Seeds: 1/2 Teaspoon (Crushed)
- Baking Soda: a pinch
- Water: as required
- Oil: for deep frying
- Potato: 1 Boiled
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Green Chilies: 2 No’s finely chopped
- Pepper Powder: 1/4 Teaspoon
Method Of Preparation:
- Take 4 Boiled Eggs, peel them out, and cut them into 2 halves. Take out the egg yellows and store them on a separate plate for a while.
- Will prepare the batter for the Bajji/ Pakoda.
- In a mixing bowl add 1 Cup of Bengal Gram Flour, 2 Tablespoons of Rice Flour, 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Red Chili Powder, 1 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt, 1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon Caraway Seeds, and a pinch of baking Soda.
- Mix them all and add 1/2 a teaspoon of Turmeric Powder, make them into a fine batter adding the required amount of water.
- Let the batter sit for some time, in meantime will prepare the stuffing.
- In another mixing bowl take 1 boiled, peeled, and mashed potato.
- Add boiled egg yellows (yolks) to it, and mash it as well.
- Add 1 finely chopped Onion, 2 Green Chilies finely chopped.
- Then, will add 1/2 a teaspoon of Chili Powder and Salt each.
- Add 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper Powder and mix them all.
- Mold them oval and stuff it in the Egg White.
- Dip the Stuffed Egg in the batter, coat them well.
- Heat Oil for deep frying the Egg Pakoda’s, and drop them slowly into the oil.
- Flip turn and fry them till golden brown.
- Egg Pakoda is ready!