Published on October 22, 2020
Wheat flour Gulab Jamun
Gulab Jamun amazingly delicious Indian Dessert. Loved by people of all age groups. And Jamuns with Wheat flour is a different and tasty one. This recipe is simple and easy to prepare for any special occasion to make the occasion more cherishable.
- Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Bombay Rava – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder
- Baking Soda
Method of Preparation:-
- Heat 1/2 a Tablespoon of Ghee in a pan, and add 1 Cup of Wheat Flour.
- Then will add 2 Tablespoons of Bombay Rava (Semolina) and stir fry them till the change color and are aromatic.
- Put off the flame, and transfer the flour mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk powder to it.
- Then add a pinch of baking soda, a pinch of cardamom powder, 1/2 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee,) and mix them all.
- Then, add milk slowly and knead it into a chapati like dough, and let it sit for 15- 20 minutes.
- In meantime will prepare the Sugar Syrup.
- In a pan add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar and bring it to a boil.
- For 1 cup of wheat flour, we will need 1 cup of sugar.
- Once it is boiled simmer the flame and cook the syrup for 5 to 6 Minutes.
- Now, will add 1/2 a teaspoon of cardamom powder and put off the stove.
- Let’s prepare the jamuns now, make round balls out of the dough we prepared.
- Make sure that there are no cracks formed on the balls.
- Heat oil or Ghee to deep fry the Gulab Jamuns.
- Fry the jamuns in batches, on medium flame. Flip turn and fry them on either sides.
- Fry till the jamuns turn golden brown.
- Now, will add these Jamuns to the sugar syrup when it is hot.
- Let the jamuns sit in the syrup for 2 hours at least.
- Gulab Jamuns are ready to serve!